- Mountain DM and MacFarlane A (2007) Geographic information retrieval in a mobile environment: evaluating the needs of mobile individuals. Journal of Information Science, 33 (5).
- Mountain DM and Liarokapis F (2007) Mixed reality (MR) interfaces for mobile information systems. ASLIB Proceedings, 59 (4/5), 422-436.
- Dykes JA and Mountain DM (2003) Seeking Structure in Records of Spatio-Temporal Behaviour : Visualization Issues, Efforts and Applications. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 43 (4) 581-603.
- Raper JF, Dykes JA, Wood J, Mountain DM, Krause A and Rhind DW (2002) A framework for evaluating geographical information. Journal of Information Science, 28, 1, 39-50.
- Mountain DM and Raper JF (2001) Positioning techniques for location-based services: characteristics and limitations of proposed solutions. Aslib Proceedings, 53, 10, 404-412.
- Brown D Mountain D & Wood J (2009) Automated and Subjective Terrain Feature Extraction: A Comparative Analysis. GIS Research UK, University of Durham, UK.
1-3 Apr 2009.
- Jurisch A and Mountain DM (2008) Evaluating the Viability of Pictometry Imagery for Creating Models of the Built Environment. In Gervasi, O. & Gavrilova, M. L. (Eds.), Computational Science and Its Applications - ICCSA 2008. Perugia, Italy, June 30 - July 3, 2008, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg.
- Mason AE, Mountain DM and Raper J (2008) Surveying by motion tracking: the application of GIS, camera tracking and animation software to model 3D subterranean landscape from video imagery. GIS Research UK, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2-4 Apr 2008.
- Mountain DM (2007) Spatial Filters for Mobile Information Retrieval. GIR07 at the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management. Lisbon, Portugal 9 Nov 2007.
- Mountain DM, Tsui JLY and Raper JF (2007) Modelling accessibility via transportation networks based upon previous experience: a Geographically Weighted Regression approach. Geocomputation 2007, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland, 3-5 Sep 2007.
- Liarokapis F, Mountain DM, Papakonstantinou S, Brujic-Okretic V and Raper JF (2006) Mixed reality for exploring urban environments. GRAPP 2006: International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications.
- Mountain DM and Liarokapis F
(2005) Interacting with Virtual Reality scenes on mobile devices. 7th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services.
- Liarokapis, F., Greatbatch, I., Mountain, D., Gunesh, A., Brujic-Okretic, V. and Raper, J. (2005) Mobile Augmented Reality Techniques for GeoVisualisation. 9th International Conference, Information Visualisation.
- Mountain DM and Dykes JA (2002) What I did on my vacation: spatio-temporal log analysis with interactive graphics and morphometric surface derivatives. GIS Research UK, University of Sheffield, UK, 3-5 Apr 2002.
- Mountain DM and Raper JF (2002) Location-based services in remote areas. AGI conference at GeoSolutions 2002, B05.3.
- Mountain DM and Raper JF (2001) Modelling human spatio-temporal behaviour: A challenge for location-based services. Geocomputation 2001, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 24-26 Sep 2001.
- Mountain DM and Raper JF (2001) Spatio-temporal representations of individual human movement for personalising Location Based Services. GIS Research UK, University of Glamorgan, Wales, 18-20 Apr 2001. pp404-412.
- Mountain DM and Raper JF (2000) Designing geolocation services for next generation mobile phone systems. AGI conference at GIS 2000, W2.4.
- Mountain DM (2012) From location-based services to location-based learning: challenges and opportunities for higher education In Teaching Geographic Information Science and Technology in Higher Education (Eds, Unwin D, Tate N, Foote K, DiBiase D) Wiley.
- Mountain DM, Myrhaug HI and Goker A (2009) Mobile search. In Information Retrieval: Searching in the 21st Century (Eds, Goker A, Graham M and Davies J) London, Wiley.
- Mountain DM (2008) Building your own mobile applications. In Mobile GIS the ArcPad way (Ed Raper J), ESRI Press.
- Mountain DM (2005) Visualizing, querying and summarizing individual spatio-temporal behaviour. In Exploring Geovisualization. (Eds, Dykes JA, Kraak MJ and MacEachren AM) Elsevier, London.
- Andrienko G, Andrienko N, Dykes JA, Gahegan M, Mountain DM, Noy P, Roberts J, Rodgers P and Theus M (2005) Creating Instruments for Ideation: Software approaches to geovisualization In Exploring Geovisualization (Eds, Dykes JA, Kraak M and MacEachren AM) Elsevier.